WOULD YOU LIKE TO MENTOR STARTUP FOUNDERS?
Innovate Charlotte is seeking experienced individuals who want to mentor the next generation of entrepreneurs. Our goal is to create high impact connections between successful business men and women and young or new entrepreneurs.
We are using team mentoring methodology developed at MIT VMS that has the following advantages:
- Tested approach refined over 20+ years of experience
- Mentors have the opportunity to interact with, learn from, develop relationships with like-minded peers on your team
- Mentor colleagues provide excellent sounding boards
- It is easier for you as a mentor to move on from mentoring a specific venture when other expertise is needed
Innovate Charlotte Venture Mentoring Service Highlights
Mentor Characteristics / Qualifications
- Significant and relevant experience
- Enthusiasm for the program
- Ability to advise and coach through constructive critiquing
- Listening skills
- Respect from peers
- Time to participate
Key Benefits For Entrepreneurs
- Access to a diverse pool of expertise
- Ability to size, shape, and change mentor teams to meet evolving needs of venture
- Access to a wider pool of contacts
- Once they get in, the service is available to them until they no longer need it.
Why do mentors mentor?
- They are motivated to give back
- Satisfaction / Pride in developing the next generation of entrepreneurs
- Opportunity to meet, network and learn from other mentors
- Pride in the connection with a prestigious program
Apply to Become a Mentor
We would like to thank you for your interest in Innovate Charlotte Venture Mentoring Service based on the successful model used by the renowned Venture Mentoring Service (VMS) program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
We look forward to reviewing your application!